Those who follow me on Twitter already know that I host weekly Murder, She Wrote-themed tweet-alongs. For the past year, every Monday at 7pm ET, several of us virtually got together to watch the same episode at the same time and tweet our thoughts using the hashtag #MondaySheWrote. To begin with, I wanted to follow the theme of watching a different Cabot Cove episode each week, and tonight we will be watching the final Cabot Cove episode “What you don’t know can kill you” (S12E22).
My plan was to take a bit of a hiatus and resume the tweetalongs in the new year, but before that I wanted to plan out which episodes we’d be watching next. One theme that many people liked (and which I thought was particularly appropriate after having watched only Cabot Cove episodes for a year) involved focusing on those episodes where Jessica Fletcher is travelling. As she travels for most of the episodes, I wanted to narrow it down to only those that take place outside the continental USA. (I specifically wanted to be able to include Hawaii on the list.)
Check out my list of episodes below, which also specifies which country each takes place in.
- Ep.14: “My Johnny Lies Over the Ocean” — on a cruise ship in international waters
- Ep.15: “Paint Me a Murder” — on an unnamed Mediterranean island belonging to a famous artist
- Ep.1: “Widow Weep for Me” — at a Caribbean resort
- Ep.5: “Sing a Song of Murder” — England
- Ep.8: “Magnum on Ice” — Hawaii (non-continental US)
- Ep.12: “Corpse Flew First Class — on an airplane headed to England
- Ep.1: “A Fashionable Way to Die” — France
- Ep.3: “Witness for the Defense” — (Quebec) Canada
- Ep.6: “It Runs in the Family” — England
- Ep.20: “Showdown in Saskatchewan” — Canada
- Ep.14: “From Russia… With Blood” — Moscow, Russia
- Ep.1: “Appointment in Athens” — Greece
- Ep.3: “The Grand Old Lady” — the crime happens on board a ship, but the investigation takes place in New York City harbor
- Ep.7: “Night of the Tarantula” — Jamaica
- Ep.22: “Sicilian Encounter” — Italy
None of the episodes in Season 7 take place outside of continental USA.
- Ep.14: “The Monte Carlo Murders” — Monaco
- Ep.15: “Tinker, Tailor, Liar, Thief” — England
- Ep.19: “Day of the Dead” — Mexico
- Ep.1: “Murder in Milan” — Italy
- Ep.4: “The Wind Around the Tower” — Ireland
- Ep.20: “Ship of Thieves” — takes place on a cruise in international waters
- Ep.1: “A Death in Hong Kong” — China
- Ep.7: “A Killing in Cork” — Ireland
- Ep.11: “Norther Explosion” — Canada
- Ep.2: “Amsterdam Kill” — The Netherlands
- Ep.4: “Death in Hawaii” — non-continental US
- Ep.7: “Fatal Paradise” — Martinique
- Ep.13: “Death ‘N Denial” — Egypt
- Ep.14: “Murder in High ‘C'” — Italy
- Ep.17: “Murder a la Mode” — France
- Ep.20: “Another Killing in Cork” — Ireland
- Ep.6&7: “Nan’s Ghost” (parts 1 and 2) — Ireland
- Ep.8: “Shooting in Rome” — Italy
- Ep.12: “Kendo Killing” — Japan
- Ep.20: “Southern Double-Cross” — Australia
The very last of the Murder, She Wrote movie sequels “The Celtic Riddle” also finds Jessica travelling abroad, specifically to Ireland.
If you notice any errors or omissions in the list above, please let me know in the comments!