Disclosure: The following contains affiliate links, meaning I may receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. Click here to read the full Affiliate Disclosure.
Browse British detective series by decade or return to the TV Detective Database:
Below is a complete list of British detective/mystery/crime series from the 1960s. This includes series that started prior to 1960 and continued into the decade, as well as shows that started in the 1960s and continued into the 1970s. Titles of series that only lasted for a single year/season have been left unbolded.
Clicking on a title link in the list below will take you to my post about that specific show (if I have created one). Additionally, the list also includes links to places where you can watch/stream the show online.
- The Avengers (1961-1969) (starring Diana Rigg and Patrick Macnee) [stream here]
- Biggles (1960)
- Call the Gun Expert (1964)
- The Corridor People (1966)
- Detective (1964-1969) (anthology series)
- Dixon of Dock Green (1955-1976)
- Ghost Squad (a.k.a. G.S.5) (1961-1964)
- Gideon’s Way (1964-1966)
- Interpol Calling (1959-1960)
- Maigret (1959, 1960-1963)
- Man from Interpol (1960)
- The Mind of Mr. J.G. Reeder (1969-1971)
- No Hiding Place (1959-1967)
- The Odd Man (1960-1963)
- Parkin’s Patch (1969-1970)
- Paul Temple (1969-1971)
- Police 5 (1962-1992, 2014)
- Police Surgeon (1960)
- Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) (1969-1970) [stream here]
- Redcap (1964-1966) (starring John Thaw)
- Sergeant Cork (1963-1968)
- Sexton Blake (1967-1971)
- Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, and The Cases of Sherlock Homes) (1964, 1965, 1968) (starring Douglas Wilmer; and Peter Cushing)
- Softly, Softly (1966-1969)
- Softly, Softly: Taskforce (1969-1976)
- Special Branch (1969-1974) [stream here]
- Spindoe (1968)
- Z-Cars (1962-1978)
If you know of a show that is missing from the list above, or if you have any other additions or corrections, please let me know in the comments!