Disclosure: The following contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I may receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Click here to read the full Affiliate Disclosure.
Browse British detective series by decade or return to the TV Detective Database:
As part of my mission to compile a TV Detective Database listing all mystery/detective/crime shows ever made, I am getting a head start in compiling a list of mystery shows produced in the United Kingdom that premiered (or have been announced to premiere) in the year 2022.
As usual, I use the term “detective show” rather loosely and include anything that can be classified as a mystery/thriller/crime drama. However, I exclude true crime documentaries and reality shows, as I want to focus on scripted stories.
I hope that you find the list below helpful — both in highlighting shows that are coming out later this year that you can look forward to, and in helping you discover something that came out earlier in the year that you haven’t yet seen. For that reason, I have organized the list according to the month in which each show premiered (or will premiere). Where possible, I’ve included information about where the show will be airing or streaming, along with the specific premiere date.
- The Tourist (January 1st) [BBC and HBO Max]
- Four Lives (January 3rd,) [BBC One] (based on a true story)
- Screw (January 6th) [Channel 4]
- Rules of the Game (January 11th) [BBC]
- The House (January 14th) [Netflix]
- The Responder (January 24th) [BBC]
- Suspicion (February 4th) [Apple TV+] (UK-US co-production)
- Murder in Provence (March 1st) [BritBox]
Other shows announced for 2022:
- Dead End: Paranormal Park [Netflix] (US-UK co-production) (animated series)
- D.I. Ray [ITV]
- Lockwood & Co. [Netflix] (based on the book series by Jonathan Stroud)
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith [Amazon Prime Video] (based on the 2005 movie of the same name)
- No Return [ITV]
- Redemption [ITV] (UK-Ireland co-production)
- The Curse [Channel 4]
- The Devil’s Hour [Amazon Prime Video]
- The Long Shadow [ITV]
- The Rig [Amazon Prime Video]
- The Rising [Sky]
- The Sandman [Netflix] (based on the books by Neil Gaiman)
- White Stork [Netflix]
- Why Didn’t They Ask Evans? [BritBox] (US-UK co-production) (based on the book by Agatha Christie)
- Without Sin [ITV]
- Wrecked [BBC]
I will be updating this post periodically throughout the year to add more information about the premiere dates of the shows above, as well as information about any new shows that get announced once more information becomes available.
As always, if you know of any shows that are missing from my list above (or have any other additions or corrections), please let me know in the comments!