This episode starts in St Louis, Missouri, where Jessica is attending a funeral for her friend Evelyn Kerry and discussing the possible fate of her son Peter, who has gone missing 20 years prior. Six months after the funeral, though, she’s in New York having dinner with Danny Schubert, Peter’s old college roommate, who wants to recruit her for charity purposes. While at the restaurant, they discover clues to suggest that Peter is still alive. They soon track down who they think is Peter and who seems to be suffering amnesia, and then bring him back to St Louis to meet the rest of his family.
Just the facts ma’am:
Spoilers are in white font, so highlight the text below to reveal the answers.
- The victim was… Peter Kerry’s old college roommate!
- killed by… his wife!
- in… the garage!
- with… a long pointed object, perhaps an ice-pick!
- because… he was going to divorce her!
- vital clues: burned hand and cigarette butt.
Cast of characters:
For most actors this is their only appearance on the show.
The Kerry household includes:
- William Prince as Andrew Kerry, the patriarch.
- Vanessa Brown as Alma Goodrich, the housekeeper.
- Mason Adams as Roger Philby, the family lawyer.
- Marc Singer (right) plays Rick Barton, who may or may not be Peter Kerry.
- Lorna Patterson (left) plays Rick’s girlfriend Edie Lorraine.
- Michael Beck (right) plays the murder victim, Danny Schubert, Peter’s old roommate. This is Beck’s first of three total appearances on MSW.
- Anita Morris (left) plays Danny’s wife, Leona Schubert.
The law enforcement team includes:
- Lane Smith (left) as Pol. Chief Miles Underwood.
- Sam Bottoms (center) as Sgt. Joe Rice, in his first of two total appearances on MSW.
- John Petlock (right) as the Medical Examiner, in his second of five total appearances on MSW.
Other minor cast members include:
- Wren T. Brown as Uniformed Policeman (1 of 2 appearances)
- James O’Connel as the Minister
- Fred Moon as uncredited lumberjack (2 of 3 appearances)