This post is part of my monthly series documenting new book releases in the mystery genre. Click here for more posts on this topic.
Disclosure: The following contains affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I may receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Click here to read the full Affiliate Disclosure.
March brings with it a whole lot of re-releases, so sifting through them all to compile the list of never-before-published books below was a bit of a challenge. There are quite a few intriguing books being published, but I wanted to in particular highlight the great number of books that also happen to debut a new series.
Cookin’ the Books by Amy Patricia Meade introduces Tish Tarragon, a caterer who gets involved in a murder investigation while working at a fundrasing dinner for a local library. Also in a book-themed setting is Essie Lang’s Trouble on the Books, a cozy featuring a new bookstore owner. And the professional P.I. in S. A. Lelchuk’s thriller Save Me from Dangerous Men is also a bookstore owner.
Also among the new detectives being introduced this month is genealogist Lucy Lancaster, a.k.a. the Ancestry Detective, in S. C. Perkins Murder Once Removed; and Police Dective P.T. Marsh in John McMahon’s The Good Detective, whose tagline reads “How can you solve a crime if you’ve killed the prime suspect?”.
- Cookin’ the Books by Amy Patricia Meade (Tish Tarragon Series #1)
- Broken Bone China by Laura Childs (A Tea Shop Mystery #20)
- Her Father’s Secret by Sara Blaedel (The Family Secrets Series #2)
- Unto Us a Son Is Given by Donna Leon (Guido Brunetti Series #29)
- Cemetery Road by Greg Iles
- The Devil Aspect: A Novel by Craig Russell
- Black Souls by Gioacchino Criaco (Translated from Italian by Hillary Gulley)
- A Dangerous Collaboration by Deanna Raybourn (A Veronica Speedwell Mystery #4)
- All the Wrong Places by Joy Fielding
- A Lethal Legacy by Heather Graham (New York Confidential Series #4)
- Wolf Pack by C. J. Box (Joe Pickett Series #19)
- Crashing Heat by Richard Castle (Nikki Heat Series #10)
- A Beautiful Corpse: A Mystery by Christi Daugherty (A Harper McClain Mystery #2)
- Trouble on the Books by Essie Lang (Castle Bookshop Mystery #1)
- Something Read, Something Dead by Eva Gates (A Lighthouse Library Mystery #5)
- Cat Got Your Crown by Julie Chase (A Kitty Couture Mystery #4)
- The Elephant of Surprise by Joe R. Lansdale (Hap and Leonard #13)
- Redemption Point by Candice Fox (Crimson Lake Book #2)
- Mike Hammer – Murder, My Love by Max Allan Collins (and Mickey Spillane)
- Save Me from Dangerous Men: A Novel by S. A. Lelchuk (Nikki Griffin Book #1)
- The Good Detective by John McMahon (Introducing Detective P.T. Marsh)
- Murder Once Removed by S. C. Perkins (Ancestry Detective #1)
- Murder with Collard Greens and Hot Sauce by A. L. Herbert (A Mahalia Watkins Mystery #3)
- The American Agent by Jacqueline Winspear (Maisie Dobbs Series #15)
- Bones of the Earth by Eliot Pattison (An Inspector Shan Tao Yun Mystery #10 — final installment)
- The Last Second by Catherine Coulter and J.T. Ellison (A Brit in the FBI Series #6)
- Black and Blue by David Rosenfelt (A Doug Brock Thriller #3)
- Blood Oath by Linda Fairstein (Alexandra Cooper Series #20)