The month following Christmas doesn’t bring with it as many new releases as the month before Christmas (compare the list below to the list of December 2018 releases).
However, many of the new releases this month are quite intriguing.
Disclosure: The following contains Amazon affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Click here to read the full Affiliate Disclosure.
Out of the authors below, the one that I have read is Alan Bradley’s Flavia de Luce series. January marks the publication of the 10th book in the series, The Golden Tresses of the Dead . If you’ve never read this series before, this book is for you if you like quirky characters, historical fiction, and young adult fiction. Flavia de Luce is an 11-year-old amateur sleuth living in 1950s rural England who is obsessed with chemistry. However, this isn’t your typical young adult heroine as Flavia is wise beyond her years.
The latest Flavia de Luce novel centres around a wedding, but it isn’t the only marriage-themed novel coming out in January. JoAnn Chaney’s As Long as We Both Shall Live and Alyssa Maxwell’s A Murderous Marriage are also being released.
Another noteworthy author listed below is James Patterson. This incredibly prolific and popular author has not only published another installment in his Alex Cross series just last November, but is also coming out with two books this January. The House Next Door is a series of three novellas, each co-authored with someone different. And Liar Liar is the third installment in the Harriet Blue series, co-authored with Candice Fox.
So if you’ve received some bookstore/Amazon gift cards over Christmas, you may want to consider holding on to them or pre-ordering some soon-to-be-released books.
January 1st releases:
- Murder at the Queen’s Old Castle: A mystery set in 1920s Ireland by Cora Harrison (Reverend Mother #6)
- Wheel of Fire: A British police procedural by Hilary Bonner (David Vogel #2)
- Murder a la Mocha: A coffeehouse cozy by Sandra Balzo (Maggy Thorsen #11)
January 8th releases:
- First, Kill the Lawyers: A Holland Taylor Mystery by David Housewright (Holland Taylor #5)
- Lives Laid Away by Stephen Mack Jones (August Snow #2)
- The New Iberia Blues by James Lee Burke (Dave Robicheaux #22)
- The Widows: A Novel by Jess Montgomery
- The House Next Door by James Patterson
- The Lost Traveller: A County Cork Mystery by Sheila Connolly (County Cork #7)
- Bones Behind the Wheel: A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery by E. J. Copperman (Haunted Guesthouse #10)
January 14th releases:
- Liar Liar by James Patterson and Candice Fox (Harriet Blue #3)
January 15th releases:
- The Death Messenger: A Thriller by Mari Hannah (Matthew Ryan #2)
- The Flimflam Affair by Bill Pronzini (Carpenter and Quincannon #7)
- As Long as We Both Shall Live: A Novel by JoAnn Chaney
- No Mercy: A Mystery by Joanna Schaffhausen (Ellery Hathaway #2)
- Summoned to Thirteenth Grave: A Novel by Darynda Jones (Charley Davidson #13)
January 19th releases:
- Death on a Shetland Isle by Marsali Taylor (Shetland Mysteries #7)
- The Golden Tresses of the Dead by Alan Bradley (Flavia de Luce #10)
January 29th releases:
- A Murderous Marriage by Alyssa Maxwell (A Lady and Lady’s Maid Mystery #4)
- Death by Chocolate Malted Milkshake by Sarah Graves (Death by Chocolate #2)
- Hot Fudge Murder by Cynthia Baxter (Lickety Splits #2)
- The Plotters: A Novel by Un-su Kim
January 31st releases:
- A Time to Scatter Stones: A Matthew Scudder Novella by Lawrence Block
If you think the list above is missing some new releases, let me know in the comments!
Consider signing up for a Kindle Unlimited membership to get unlimited access to over a million ebooks. You can read your ebooks on the Free Kindle Reading App .
Love having books read to you? Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks